Privacy & Security
Information we collect about you.
Uberhorse has a strong commitment to customer privacy. We collect information from you whenever you make a purchase, or if you apply for membership to take advantage of member services (e.g. forums, special offers etc).
Information about you, your order, and your payment information is stored on a secure, password-protected server. This data is used for payment processing, refunds for returns, and as a temporary record of your order (e.g. for back-orders).
All data is transmitted to us via a secure server. We do not collect any information about you or your computer when you simply browse our site.
What do we do with the information we collect?
Information you provide to us when you order is used only for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your order and process your payment. If you pay by credit card, your credit card information (including billing address) is sent to our payment processor via secure server.
- To notify you about back-orders, your order status, or other customer-service related matters.
- To notify you from time to time via e-mail or regular mail about special offers and new product arrivals. You may request not to be included in these periodic notifications by e-mailing us and placing "remove" in the subject line of your e-mail.
We also maintain a password-protected internal database (not accessible online) of all customer transactions. This is used for our internal accounting, inventory control, and customer service purposes.
We won't share your details with others.
It is our policy not to share individually identifying information about customers with any third party without your prior affirmative consent. Exceptions to this policy are:
- If it becomes necessary to have a supplier drop-ship a product to you, we will provide the supplier with your shipping address and phone number. We will attempt to obtain your consent prior to doing this.
- If our credit card processor notifies us that the credit card you have used to place your order is fraudulent, we reserve the right to report this to the appropriate authorities, as well as to the bank that issued the card.
- If your credit card payment becomes the subject of a charge-back or attempted charge-back that we believe is unjustified, we will provide information about you, the items you ordered, and other personally identifying information to our payment processor and/or third-party collection agents only after attempting to resolve the issue with you directly.
Our website may contain links to third parties, whose privacy policies may differ from ours. While we do not share any information about you with these third parties, we encourage you to read their privacy policies before you provide them with any information about you.
Payment information, including credit card numbers, is sent via industry-standard secure (SSL) servers. Your information is encrypted and cannot be read except by you and us. You can order with confidence knowing your information is secure.
If you are a web user who is uncomfortable supplying payment information online, we offer an alternative ordering method. Please email us with your contact details and we will phone you direct to discuss your order.