EA Mattes Numnah - Customise Your Own!
Cotton quilted top with the option of lambskin underneath + extras!
EA Mattes pads are made in three different shapes to match the saddle shape - Dressage, SJ and GP.
We retain stock of the quilt only contoured pads in black & white in all shapes & sizes
All other color arrangements/extras and sizes are special order (no returns on custom colours)
- High Quality twill fabric, as used to produce heavy duty work clothing
- The inside is a double laminate of POLYFLEX (deep needled polyester felt) and polyester wadding - this construction is absolutely air permeable
- No foam, neoprene or gel or similar material
- Mattes Quilt-Design results in a quilt that is firm enough to keep its shape. It does not get lump and it does not turn limp. Thus excellent washing and drying properties. Even after many washings no breaking of laminate along the seams
- Anatomical correct shape, high wither cut, hence no pressure in the wither area
- A choice of more than 25 colours
Mattes Lambskin is made from lambskins selected after our own specifications with extreme dense and resilient wool
- Since lambskin has an open structure, air can flow between the fibres, therefore it equalises temperature, it is ideal in summer and winter
- Can absorb up to 8-times its wool weight in moisture before it feels wet
- The resilience of the wool is ideal for pressure distribution
- The upright standing wool fibres can slide against each other, therefore absolutely no friction or chafing nor rubbing on the horses skin
- Lambskin, because of the afore-mentioned structures, allows development of the muscles
SPINEFREE - Wither & Spine relief
- To compensate for changes in young horses due to their rapid development during training
- For fully trained horses which change a lot during the season
- To correct irregularities in the horses build
- Using a pad to compensate for the lower back, caused by age. It balances the saddle beautifully
- Slight compensation on a horse with unequal sides
- Fitting of an initially too wide saddle on a young horse with the possibility to reduce the shims in a flexible way according to training conditions
- Due to the simplicity of the system it is now possible to compensate for the changes in the fit of the saddle caused by changes in form and condition of the horse during the season
- Correction system single pocket for exact saddle fitting especially suited for bridging saddles. Bridging saddles are a very common problem, not only with western saddles but also with english saddles
There is a possibility of dye bleeding from dark or bright coloured lambskin onto light coloured quilt. A slight staining is possible from dark or bright coloured wool onto the hair of grey/light coloured horses. Fading of the wools surface is also possible, due to the composition of the horses sweat, which varies horse to horse.
*Please follow the care instructions.
*Please note- There are no returns on Mattes custom ordered products. Please ensure you have selected the correct style, size and colours.