EA Mattes Hunt Saddle Blanket with Pockets
EA Mattes Saddle Blanket with pockets one or both sides. Clips for opening each side or option of velcro closure w/out clip.
We supply many hunts around New Zealand with the highest quality saddle blankets available. A saddle fitters dream!
- Spine Free
- Available in GP Small/Medium/Large & XL
- Extra options incl lambskin panels, correction system, Top trims front & rear - Please enquire for pricing
Embroidery is available please enquire as to costs
Quality – E.A. Mattes Sheepskin Pads are made with only the finest quality sheepskin and a one-at-a-time mentality that ensures product quality. Pads are handmade from start to finish with attention to detail that is unparalleled. Each hide is thoroughly inspected, hand picked for quality, and made with full hides to ensure no seams contact the horse’s back.
Design – The anatomically correct topline design of Mattes Sheepskin Pads follows the contours of the horse’s back and allows for a perfect fit under the saddle. The patented SPINE FREE® Design ensures the spine is not in contact with any seams, fabric, or tension which eliminates the risk of rubs and pressure on the sensitive area of the back around the spine.
Function – Sheepskin has long been known for its amazing natural properties including heat dissemination, breathability, and the ability to eliminate friction and bounce. This cannot be imitated by wool pile, artificial fiber product, or foam.
Correction – The Mattes CORRECTION®-SYSTEM was recently rated the #1 therapeutic pad on the equine market by the Horse Journal. The Mattes CORRECTION®-SYSTEM helps maintain balance and straightness for horses that change form through a season or have asymmetries. POLY-FLEX® Shims are resilient, do not bottom out like foam or other materials, and allow incremental adjustments to be made easily. The shims are 5mm thick, designed to be layered, and are easily trimmed with scissors to taper the ends and create a pressure free fit if multiple shims are necessary.
Care Instructions – Wash with MELP, a detergent that includes regreasing properties to keep sheepskin in top condition. Regular detergents can dry the sheepskin and lessen the quality of the pad. Hand or machine wash in cold water on the gentle setting. Gently pull into shape. Lay flat to dry. Do not expose to sun or dry with heat.
DO NOT USE CHLORINE BLEACH.
* In order to maintain your satisfaction guarantee warranty for Mattes products, MELP must be used when washing.
Mattes Lambskin is made from lambskins selected after our own specifications with extreme dense and resilient wool
- Since lambskin has an open structure, air can flow between the fibres, therefore it equalises temperature, it is ideal in summer and winter
- Can absorb up to 8-times its wool weight in moisture before it feels wet
- The resilience of the wool is ideal for pressure distribution
- The upright standing wool fibres can slide against each other, therefore absolutely no friction or chafing nor rubbing on the horses skin
- Lambskin, because of the afore-mentioned structures, allows development of the muscles
Peter Mattes understands the importance of selecting the proper type of sheepskin for the application. He has perfected an amazing line of saddle pads using this knowledge. The right sheepskin has wool fiber that is dense enough to carry the weight of the saddle and rider without matting down, and long enough fibers to allow the wool to move with the horse’s back, thus eliminating friction. This deep understanding of the characteristics of the materials combines with expertise of equine anatomy that results in saddle pads that are shaped and contoured to the horse’s back. Other intelligent design features are the anatomically correct designed topline, the Spine-Free® channel through the topline and the use of a single hide so no seams come into contact anywhere on the horse’s back. These combined features prevent rubs, sore spots, or pressure. No other sheepskin saddle pad measures up to a Mattes. Remember, a poor saddle pad can ruin a good saddle fit.
- High Quality twill fabric, as used to produce heavy duty work clothing
- The inside is a double laminate of POLYFLEX (deep needled polyester felt) and polyester wadding - this construction is absolutely air permeable
- No foam, neoprene or gel or similar material
- Mattes Quilt-Design results in a quilt that is firm enough to keep its shape. It does not get lump and it does not turn limp. Thus excellent washing and drying properties. Even after many washings no breaking of laminate along the seams
- Anatomical correct shape, high wither cut, hence no pressure in the wither area
- A choice of more than 25 colours