Ice-Vibe Hock Wrap
The shape and movement of the hock makes hock problems some of the most difficult to treat. In response to the need for an effective hock treatment, ICE-VIBE have developed ICE-VIBE Hock: comfortable neoprene boots that wrap around the hock. Built in pockets hold the massaging panel that can be used on the inside or the outside of the hock and cold packs can go on either side of the hock.
The cold packs can be heated in warm water to combine heat and massage before exercise to help reduce stiffness.
Ice-Vibe Hock Wraps are wireless, rechargeable, easy to use and portable.
Ice-Vibe Hock Wraps used without cold packs can help to boost blood supply to horses' legs by creating movement through massage, this can be beneficial by helping to remove toxins, bring oxygen to horses' legs, minimise scar tissue and stimulate repair.
Just like putting miles on your car, we're putting miles on our horses every day. The blood supply to the lower limbs of a horse is very poor. Vibration stimulates blood flow to the legs, brings nutrients and removes waste.
After exercise you can combine cold and massage to help reduce inflammation without making the hocks too cold and compromise healing. Ice-Vibe Hock Wraps are designed to help reduce soreness and swelling in your horse's knees while stimulating healing through massage.
Warm the packs and use before exercise, and use cold massage after exercise every day.
If using the hock wraps on horses with chips avoid using for three weeks after any surgery or if new chips are forming. This will avoid aggravating any infection post-surgery or aggravating the bone when the small fractures have occurred.
Always use with cold packs when swelling or heat is present. Avoid using on infections.
Size: One size
Ice-Vibe Hock boots come with; Carry bag, 2 Ice-Vibe Hock Boots, 2 Cold/Warm packs, 2 integrated vibration/battery panels, and 1 Charger. Spare parts can be purchased separately.
- For best results use daily.
- Do not use on fractures or infections
- Always start on setting 1 with the cold packs
- Always warm the cold packs in warm water and not in a microwave.
- Do not use with cold packs before exercise
- Do not use cold packs without using the vibration, as this could make the legs too cold and compromise healing
- If using to treat arthritis, warm the packs and combine these with massage. Always use with cold packs when swelling or heat is present. We recommend treating both legs at the same time even if only one leg is injured.
Check out the user guide & FAQs here
Also check the video out for setup here