Original MTG Plus 8 oz - M-T-G
You asked…and we listened. Original M-T-G plus is the same great formula producing the same great results but with a new, light herbal fragrance. People who have disliked the smell of our Original M-T-G can now use this new twist on the original and enjoy a fresh herbal scent!
Developed by a barber in 1938 to treat human skin conditions, Original M-T-G has proven itself to be nothing short of miraculous for horse skin issues. Original M-T-G is time tested and proven. It is veterinarian recommended as the only solution needed for a variety of bacterial and fungal skin problems. It is also an incredible hair growth serum!
"I needed to use some on the inside of my dog’s back legs to treat a hot spot that was bothering her. I put it on her right before bed (she sleeps with me near my head) and the smell didn’t bother me at all. In fact I hardly noticed any smell at all!"
Original M-T-G plus treat a variety of skin problems quickly and easily with results seen as soon as a day after the very first application. Original M-T-G plus successfully treat the following conditions: rain rot, dew poisoning, scratches, mud fever, greasy heal, sweet itch, girth itch, itchy skin, dandruff and tail rubbing. It has been touted to work on thrush and white line disease.
Original M-T-G plus are formulated to eliminate the causative agent creating the skin problems so it treats at the source to dry up and heal the affected area. Its special ingredients also condition the skin and hair around the problem area which promotes both healthy skin and hair regrowth.Original M-T-G plus keeps the skin conditioned while creating a barrier against the elements. It offers quick relief and visible hair growth in 3-5 days.
Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus are easy to use. Just rub a small amount into the affected area without disturbing or picking the scabs off. There is no need to rinse or wash out between applications. Once the area is healed and you want to wash the residue off just use Shapley’s Hi Shine Shampoo which is specially formulated to remove Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus quickly and easily. Shapley’s Easy-Out spray will also remove both versions from the horse and from your hands.
- Shake bottle thoroughly to mix the sediment layer on bottom of bottle throughout the rest of the liquid in bottle. Continue to shake periodically during application.
- Apply directly to the problem spot using just enough to cover without applying too much and having the excess run down the horse.
- Don’t pick scabs off as it may be painful to the horse and cause slight swelling. The scabs will fall off on their own after the healthy skin grows back under the scab.
- After scratches heal on the horse’s legs, put a thin layer of Original M-T-G plus on the affected area before turnout in wet conditions to provide a barrier against the horse becoming re-infected.
- Do not share brushes, blankets or turnout between horses with a skin problem and those without a problem as fungal and bacterial problems are highly contagious. Wash anything that comes into contact with infected horse so you won’t re-infect him after he heals. Brushes can be washed with a bleach solution to kill the fungus or bacteria making sure to rinse well.
- The oil in Original M-T-G plus may make your horse sensitive to the sun and susceptible to sunburn. If the horse spends a lot of time in the direct sun you may want to apply Original M-T-G plus in early evening.
- Original M-T-G plus may produce heat when applied so you will want to be careful applying a leg wrap over top of it as it will act as a sweat.
- There is no need to wash out or rinse Original M-T-G plus between applications.
- Many people see the skin problem going away after just the first application.
- To grow mane or tail hair massage M-T-G plus into the base of the mane along the neck and on the tailbone of the horse once a week.
- When applying NEW Original M-T-G plus, more is not always better. Apply sparingly